My Davao What-To-Do And Where-To-Go Wish ListFriday, January 29, 2010 Mary Anne Velasco
Because of the possibility of flying to Davao and spending at most a week there, I Googled (I so love Google!) for some fun things to do and nice places to visit while in the city. Just like 80% percent of the time, Google did not disappoint me. I came up with our temporary Davao City travel plan.
- Airsoft tournaments: I haven't really thought of trying this one before. But after knowing that some friends are having so much fun engaging in this type of recreation, I've told myself that I must also make an attempt to at least pull the trigger. It's definite that my Swedish visitors will have fun with this activitiy. I am just wondering if we can possibly rent airsoft shotguns somewhere. I hope there is! I'd better Google more on that later.
- The The Xcelerator Experience: Rated as the number 1 zipline in the Philippines and famous as the longest and fastest zipline in Asia, this challenge of the Outland Adventure is my chance to overcome my fear of heights. For a good price of Php300 per person, I can already feel how it is to fly!
- Fishing for tilapia at Eden Nature Park: Although this is the city where I've spent most of my years in, Eden Nature Park is one of the many beautiful spots in Davao I've never had the chance to visit. This time, I will not let the vacation pass us by without experiencing the beauty of this place. Because Madde and I love to go out fishing, fishing at Eden will surely be in our list of what-to-dos.To-visits:
- The Davao Crocodile Farm: The first time I had been to this interesting park was sometime in February 2007. I checked this tourist attraction with a friend. The area wasn't fully developed yet during that moment but already had a lot to share to their visitors. I would love to go back there!
- The Davao Butterfly House: Just after our Crocodile Farm visit, my friend and I went straight to the Butterfly House. The "house" wasn't humugous but the feeling of being surrounded by butterflies of different sizes and colors was simply overwhelming.
- Robinson's Mall, Davao: I've heard a lot of positive things about this mall. I've been already living here in Sweden for more than a year when it finally opened. Madde and I love to shop so this mall will definitely be one of our targets.
- Paradise Island: Since we can't yet afford the rates of Pearl Farm, Paradise Island is where we will be heading for a relaxing vacation along the crystal blue waters of Samal. Believe it or not, I've only been to this haven twice in my life.
This is how my Davao wish list is at the moment. Of course, included automatically are SM, NCCC Mall, Gaisano Mall, MTS and The Venue. I will be upgrading this list by the time I find something interesting else to add.
That's it for now! Cheers!