Wanting inspiration for your perfect romantic getaway this summer? Need help in deciding the best location to propose, to celebrate an anniversary, or just wanting some alone time?
You can easily book your short city breaks with The Co-operative Travel who have some fantastic offers and will give you a very competitive deal. To give you a head start, we’ll give you the rundown on the top locations, some of which may never have even crossed your mind. Something else to remember is that you don’t always have to spend a fortune to have the holiday of a lifetime.
1. Ask anyone the first place they think of when you say romantic getaway, and the answer, nine times out of ten, will be Paris! This is the place to be for romance. There are plenty of delectable delights to choose from, including award winning patisseries, casual cafes and blissful bistros.
To do list: visit Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, or enjoy a picnic in the park, or take a gentle walk through the Marais or Montmartre.
2. Another sweet spot is Italy. You’ll find a vast range of fabulous festivals and cultural events going on all year round. You can of course visit the city of romance Venice, and enjoy a calming trip down the Grand Canal on a gondola. Rome is also fantastic, as it is full of history and will excite you in ways you can never imagine, taking your breath away with each further step you take in to the city.
To do list: watch an opera in the open air at the Verona Opera Festival, sample the sumptuous Italian ice cream, visit the colosseum and the Vatican City.
3. An unlikely, but also incredibly vibrant place to visit is Scandinavia. The Scandinavian summer brings with it one of nature’s most wondrous phenomenon, namely the Midnight Sun. This casts a warm glow across the luscious countryside, which is perfect for those romantic evening walks. Harads Tree hotel is also perfect for that secluded alone time you are looking for, especially if you want something truly unique. Sweden also offers that one of a kind experience, when you book a stay at the Ice Hotel.
To do list: try horse riding across the picturesque Swedish country, walk along the gorgeous River Torne, and enjoy drinks at the impressive Ice Bar.
4. If you want to stay a little closer to home, Cornwall is the perfect place for you. Hire out a country home; find a chic waterfront hideaway, contemporary coastal home with beautiful sea views, or even a rustic barn conversion.
To do list: Ramble in the countryside, enjoy a seaside stroll, or if you want to try something new, why not try surfing? Which will give you that bonding time you deserve.
5. Want to push the boat out? Then stimulate your deepest fantasies, by taking in the world’s most provocative views, from deserts, jungles, sea sides or even mountainsides, which will arouse your wildest imaginings.
To do list: Go on safari and see animals in their natural habitat – you will not regret it. Why not go trekking or take advantage of a harmonious cruise. You could even get back to basics by swimming au natural on your own private beach, visit an oasis, or even enjoy some alone time in your exclusive lodge, cabin or hut under the summer sun.