If you are the creative type and wish to select a distinctive engagement ring, some jewelers offer customers the ability to craft their own. In fact, a select group of jewelers let you design your own engagement ring online. This keeps costs down while providing customers with a beautiful ring to cherish for a lifetime. For those individuals wishing to design your own engagement rings, it is wise to select a jeweler that offers diamond education as part of the process. After all, not only is an engagement ring a romantic investment it is a financial one as well. Choosing stunning diamonds at the most affordable price requires understanding what comprises their quality. The more you can learn about diamond quality the greater the ability to create an exceptional engagement ring that will stand the test of time.
Understanding Quality: The Basics
Understanding diamond quality requires knowing how diamonds are evaluated by gemologists. Four characteristics, otherwise known as the Four C’s, comprise the evaluation of a diamond. They are Carat Weight, Cut, Clarity, and Color. In addition to the Four C’s, a diamond’s shape is also important when you design your own engagement ring online. Without a doubt, diamond shape enhances the special motif of any setting.
· The Carat: Diamonds are measured by weight not just size. When you design your own engagement ring online, choose a diamond that befits the specific setting as well as its size, your finger size, and how much you want to spend.
· The Color: Unlike many other gemstones, the greatest valuation of a diamond is its lack of color. The less color a diamond possesses, the greater its value. The highest colorlessness visible to the naked eye is D, which is completely colorless and the lowest ranking is a Z, which signifies a colored tint [such as yellow or brown]. The exception to diamond color rankings are the full black and full yellow fancy colors, which are highly valued and typically more costly.
· The Cut: How a diamond is cut, how many facets it has, defines how much sparkle the diamond possesses. As such, cut is one of the most important factors in choosing a diamond for your engagement ring. Excellent cut grades reveal the most sparkle with lower cut grades revealing far less. It is wise to select the maximum cut grade that your budget allows for your engagement ring.
· The Clarity: Diamond clarity is defined by how many imperfections are contained in the stone. While nearly all diamonds have some imperfections or blemishes, the fewer it possesses, the greater its clarity and subsequent grading. However, clarity is considered of less importance when evaluating diamonds than other factors.
· The Shape: Selecting a diamond shape is the first step you will likely take when you design your own engagement rings. Based on personal preference and setting, selecting a stone shape is additionally based on the elements that each shape presents. While some brides-to-be love oval shapes, others prefer an elegant square or even a pear shape. There are numerous additional shapes to choose from including cushion, marquise, heart, round, radiant, and emerald, among others.
Presented By Allurez